Edinburgh has many connections with Flodden with perhaps the remains of the town wall being the most visible reminder of the conflict and its consequences. The Flodden Wall (an Ecomuseum site) is the remains of a town wall that was built around the southern extent of the late medieval old town, enclosing the medieval Grassmarket, the religious houses of Greyfriars and Blackfriars and the later 15th Century houses built up along the Cowgate, outside the earlier town walls. Although this wall is thought to have existed from perhaps as much as 70 years before the Battle of Flodden, it was significantly repaired and refortified after September 1513. Today the remains of this ad hoc defence can be seen in Greyfriars church yard and at other locations in the ‘old town’ of Edinburgh. If you download the pdf leaflet at the bottom of this page it has a map of Flodden Wall locations.
The Bore Stane was placed into the wall of Morningside Parish Church (its current position) in 1910 as a memorial to the battle. Prior to this it lay in an adjacent field.
Boroughmuir is now known as the Meadows and is a popular green space with local residents and visitors to Edinburgh.